Maxblizz
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • HOLLYWOOD
  • MOVIE NEWS
  • MOVIE TRAILERS
  • TV SHOWS
  • MARVEL
  • DC UNIVERSE
No Result
View All Result
Maxblizz
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • HOLLYWOOD
  • MOVIE NEWS
  • MOVIE TRAILERS
  • TV SHOWS
  • MARVEL
  • DC UNIVERSE
No Result
View All Result
Maxblizz
No Result
View All Result

Home » MOVIES » Adam Driver Reveals He Was Developing Star Wars: The Hunt for Ben Solo with Steven Soderbergh

Adam Driver Reveals He Was Developing Star Wars: The Hunt for Ben Solo with Steven Soderbergh

ARUN VENUGOPAL by ARUN VENUGOPAL
October 21, 2025
in ENTERTAINMENT, HOLLYWOOD, MOVIE NEWS, MOVIES
0
Adam Driver revealed he spent two years developing The Hunt for Ben Solo with Steven Soderbergh, a Star Wars movie set after The Rise of Skywalker that followed Ben Solo’s journey of redemption.

Adam Driver revealed that he and filmmaker Steven Soderbergh spent two years developing a Star Wars movie titled The Hunt for Ben Solo. It would take place after 2019’s The Rise of Skywalker.

According to Driver, the story would have focused on Ben Solo’s journey toward redemption, following his return to the light after the events of The Rise of Skywalker.

Adam Driver revealed he spent two years developing The Hunt for Ben Solo with Steven Soderbergh, a Star Wars movie set after The Rise of Skywalker that followed Ben Solo’s journey of redemption.

In a recent interview with AP, Driver revealed that the canceled The Hunt for Ben Solo movie was inspired by The Empire Strikes Back. The concept was co-developed by Soderbergh and Logan Lucky screenwriter Rebecca Blunt. Later, Scott Z. Burns joined the project to refine and expand the script.

RelatedPosts

Marvel May Scrap Blade’s Solo Film in Favor of Midnight Sons

Rumor: New Plot Details for Spider-Man: Brand New Day Leak Online

Driver said he would “be there in a second” to reprise the role if a great director and story came together. He shared that while Lucasfilm was interested, Disney ultimately rejected the project, questioning how Ben Solo could still be alive.

Driver said, “I always was interested in doing another Star Wars.” He added, “I had been talking about doing another one since 2021. Kathleen [Kennedy] had reached out. I always said, ‘With a great director and a great story, I’d be there in a second.’ I loved that character and loved playing him.”

Driver described the film as “handmade and character-driven,” comparing it to 1980’s The Empire Strikes Back. The White Noise star said that film is the “standard” of what a Star Wars movie should be. Soderbergh and Driver pitched The Hunt for Ben Solo to Kathleen Kennedy, Dave Filoni, and Cary Beck at Lucasfilm, who loved the idea. However, when they brought the script to Disney, it was rejected.

“We presented the script to Lucasfilm. They loved the idea,” Driver recalled. “They totally understood our angle and why we were doing it. We took it to Bob Iger and Alan Bergman, and they said no — they didn’t see how Ben Solo was alive. And that was that.”

Recently, Steven Soderbergh released a statement regarding the canceled The Hunt for Ben Solo movie he was set to direct.

He said, “I really enjoyed making the movie in my head. I’m just sorry the fans won’t get to see it.”

Driver first appeared as Kylo Ren in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) and reprised the role in The Last Jedi (2017) and The Rise of Skywalker (2019).

Source: AP

Tags: Adam DriverStar WarsSteven SoderberghThe Rise of Skywalker
Previous Post

Bruce Banner Scene Filmed! Mark Ruffalo Spotted on Spider-Man: Brand New Day Set in Ambulance Sequence

Next Post

Spider-Man: Brand New Day Teaser Reportedly Attached to Avatar: Fire and Ash

ARUN VENUGOPAL

ARUN VENUGOPAL

Arun Venugopal - Author, SEO Specialist, and Senior Editor at Maxblizz. Hi, just call me AV. I am from Kerala, India, and I have completed a U.G. in Computer Science and Engineering. I enjoy writing about comic book movies, including Marvel and DC. I have 4 years of experience in digital marketing.

Next Post
The first teaser trailer for Spider-Man: Brand New Day is rumored to premiere ahead of Avatar: Fire and Ash on December 19, 2025, alongside the debut of the Avengers: Doomsday teaser.

Spider-Man: Brand New Day Teaser Reportedly Attached to Avatar: Fire and Ash

Trending on Maxblizz

Marvel’s Blade reboot is reportedly no longer moving forward as planned, with Blade now expected to debut in Midnight Sons and potentially appear in Avengers: Secret Wars.

Marvel May Scrap Blade’s Solo Film in Favor of Midnight Sons

by Andrew Conor
May 21, 2026
0

New plot details for Spider-Man: Brand New Day reveal major spoilers, new villains, and Peter Parker’s lonely life after losing his identity.

Rumor: New Plot Details for Spider-Man: Brand New Day Leak Online

by Kenzie Anne
May 21, 2026
0

A leaked Vought Rising trailer reveals Soldier Boy’s origins, Stormfront’s hidden past, and the rise of Vought during the post-WWII Cold War era.

Vought Rising Leaked Trailer Reveals First Look at Soldier Boy and Stormfront (SPOILERS)

by Kenzie Anne
May 20, 2026
0

Joe Russo and Anthony Russo reveal that Avengers: Doomsday will feature an emotional Doctor Doom and Steve Rogers dynamic similar to Tony Stark and Steve in Civil War.

Russo Brothers Reveal How Civil War Inspired Avengers: Doomsday

by Andrew Conor
May 20, 2026
0

Prime Video has released the final Spider-Noir trailer, featuring Nicolas Cage as Ben Reilly battling the Sinister Five in a dark 1930s-inspired Marvel universe.

New Look at Nicolas Cage as Ben Reilly/Spider-Noir in the ‘Spider-Noir’ Series Revealed

by Kenzie Anne
May 20, 2026
0

Avengers: Secret Wars is rumored to launch Marvel’s Mutant Saga with a soft MCU reboot, while Black Panther 3 may become the first film exploring Wakandan mythology and mutant connections.

Black Panther 3 Could Be the First Movie of Marvel’s Mutant Saga

by Andrew Conor
May 19, 2026
0

First-look images from Kockroach reveal Chris Hemsworth and Taron Egerton filming Matt Ross’ noir-inspired crime thriller in Sydney, Australia.

First Look at Chris Hemsworth and Taron Egerton on the Set of Matt Ross’ Crime Thriller Kockroach (EXCLUSIVE)

by Kenzie Anne
May 19, 2026
0

First set photos from John Krasinski’s A Quiet Place Part III reveal Jack O'Connell in a National Guard uniform while filming in New York City.

First Look at Jack O’Connell Spotted on the Set of John Krasinski’s A Quiet Place Part III

by Andrew Conor
May 18, 2026
0

All the best geek news in your inbox

Get access to exclusive stories on new releases, movies, shows, animated movies, games and more!

Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube Pinterest RSS

ABOUT US

Maxblizz
Maxblizz

Maxblizz is the No. 1 leading source for movie and TV show news.

CATEGORIES

  • AMAZON
  • AMAZON PRIME
  • ANIMATION
  • APPLE TV
  • CARTOONS
  • COMICS
  • DC UNIVERSE
  • DISNEY+
  • DVD and VOD Release Dates
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FASHION TIPS
  • GAMES
  • HBO
  • HBO MAX
  • HEALTH TIPS
  • HOLLYWOOD
  • HORROR
  • HULU
  • KOLLYWOOD MOVIES
  • MARVEL
  • MODELS
  • MOVIE NEWS
  • MOVIE TRAILERS
  • MOVIES
  • MUSIC
  • NETFLIX
  • NEWS
  • OSCARS
  • Others
  • REVIEWS
  • SERIES
  • TECH
  • TV SHOWS
  • WWE & MMA NEWS

REACH US

  • About Maxblizz
  • Contact Us
  • Copyright Policy
  • Home
  • Maxblizz Fact-Checking Policy
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Copyright © 2025 maxblizz.com

No Result
View All Result
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • HOLLYWOOD
  • MOVIE NEWS
  • MOVIE TRAILERS
  • TV SHOWS
  • MARVEL
  • DC UNIVERSE
  • About Maxblizz
  • Contact Us
  • Copyright Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Newsletter
  • Maxblizz Fact-Checking Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Copyright © 2025 maxblizz.com