Finding a hotel can be daunting, especially when traveling to a new destination. With so many options available, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Unfortunately, feeling overwhelmed may result in booking a hotel that doesn’t meet your expectations. And when you’re trying to enjoy your trip, this is disappointing, to say the least.
You may be looking for a unique hotel, such as a luxury boutique hotel. If so, this guide offers guidance on how to find the best hotels in any destination.
1. Start by Researching
The first step to finding a hidden gem is to do your research. Many online resources can help you find the best hotels in a particular destination. Some popular hotel review websites include TripAdvisor, Booking.com, and Hotels.com. These websites allow you to read reviews from past guests and view hotel photos. It also makes it easy to compare prices. It’s also good to check the hotel’s official website for the most up-to-date information.
2. Look Beyond Chain Hotels
Chain hotels can offer consistency in quality and service. Yet, they may not always be the best option when searching for a hidden gem. Smaller independent hotels and boutique properties often offer a more personalized experience. These properties are usually run by locals who understand the destination. Luckily, they can provide insider tips on the best places to visit.
3. Consider the Location
When choosing a hotel, location is vital. Booking a hotel in the heart of the city may be tempting. But it’s important to consider other factors, such as noise levels. Staying outside the city center can provide a more peaceful and authentic experience.
4. Don’t Forget About the Amenities
While a hotel’s amenities may not be the most important factor, they can make a big difference in the experience. When searching for an appealing hotel, look for properties with unique amenities. A few examples are a hotel having a rooftop pool or local art installations. Additionally, consider the basics, such as free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, and fitness facilities.
5. Check for Deals and Discounts
Finally, remember to check for deals and discounts before booking a hotel. Many hotels offer special rates for AAA members, military personnel, and senior citizens. In addition, booking with the hotel directly can provide better rates and more perks. You may even score free parking or get a late checkout. So, call ahead to see if there are any extra perks a hotel can offer before securing a room.
6. Check for Hidden Fees
Before booking a hotel, check for hidden fees that they may not include in the initial price. For example, some hotels charge extra fees for amenities like Wi-Fi, parking, and resort fees. Ensure you know exactly what you’re paying for before making a reservation.
The hotel checkout process is the final step in a guest’s stay at a hotel. It involves settling any outstanding charges and returning room keys before leaving.
You can look closer at the hotel checkout process on Hotel Engine and below:
1. Check the bill. Before packing, check your final bill for a few minutes. The bill should include all charges incurred during your stay, including room charges, taxes, and more fees.
2. Return keys: Return all room keys to the front desk when checking out. Most hotels will charge a fee for lost or unreturned keys. So, it’s essential to double-check that you’ve returned all keys before leaving.
3. Settle any outstanding charges. If you have any outstanding charges, settle them before checking out.
4. Leave the room in good condition. Before leaving the hotel room, check that you haven’t left anything behind. Tidying up the room as much as possible is a good idea.
5. Provide feedback. If you have feedback about your stay, good or bad, take a few minutes to provide it to the front desk staff. This feedback can help the hotel improve its services and facilities. It also supports other travelers in making informed decisions when choosing a hotel.
When it comes to hotel hunting, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach. The key is to research and look beyond the chain hotels. Consider location and amenities, and check for deals and discounts. Finding the perfect hotel doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. You can unearth hidden gems and find the right hotel for you. Happy hotel hunting!
RELATED: Great Vacation Movies to Watch During Your Holidays