Oscar Isaac and Rachel Brosnahan were spotted at the 89th Annual Drama League Awards on May 19, 2023, at the Ziegfeld Ballroom in Manhattan. See the images below.
Most recently, Oscar Isaac made his Broadway debut alongside Rachel Brosnahan in Lorraine Hansberry’s The Sign in Sidney Brustein’s Window. Directed by Anne Kauffman, the play, which was Hansberry’s last staged production, explores ideas of race, gender equity, sexuality, art, political corruption, idealism, and Bohemian culture. The story follows struggling artists Sidney, played by Isaac, and Iris Brustein, played by Brosnahan, as they navigate their troubled marriage and its intersection with local politics in 1960s Greenwich Village.
The 2023 Special Recognition Honorees of The 89th Annual Drama League Awards was hosted by Frank DiLella and honored Broadway and Off-Broadway theatre. The nominations for the 2022-2023 season will be announced on April 25 at 11 AM ET at Lincoln Center’s New York Public Library for the Performing Arts.
The 89th Drama League Awards categories:
- Distinguished Performance Award
- Outstanding Production of a Play
- Outstanding Production of a Musical
- Outstanding Revival of a Play
- Outstanding Revival of a Musical
- Outstanding Direction of a Play
- Outstanding Direction of a Musical
- Founders Award for Excellence in Directing
- Distinguished Achievement in Musical Theater
- Contribution to the Theater Award
- The Gratitude Award
RELATED: Andrew Garfield and Oscar Isaac Spotted at the 74th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards