Ray Stevenson was a renowned British actor known for his powerful performances and versatility on both the big and small screens.
Wiki and Bio:
Ray Stevenson was born on May 25, 1964, in Lisburn, Northern Ireland. He grew up in a working-class family and developed a passion for acting at an early age. Stevenson honed his skills at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, where he received formal training in the performing arts.
When Did Ray Stevenson Die?
Tragically, on May 22, 2023, Ray Stevenson passed away at the age of 58. His publicist, Nicki Fioravante, confirmed the news and revealed that he died just four days shy of his birthday. Stevenson had been hospitalized on the island of Ischia while in production on the film Cassino on Ischia, directed by Frank Ciota, as reported by the Italian newspaper La Repubblica.
Stevenson’s family has been a significant influence on his life and career. While he preferred to keep his personal life private, it is known that he married actress Ruth Gemmell in 1997. The couple had two sons together before ending their marriage in 2005. Stevenson maintained a close relationship with his children and was committed to balancing his professional and personal life.
Ray Stevenson’s acting career spanned over two decades, during which he delivered exceptional performances in various film genres. He showcased his versatility and ability to bring characters to life on the big screen. Here are some of his most notable movies:
- “King Arthur” (2004): Stevenson portrayed the character of Dagonet, one of the Knights of the Round Table, in this historical adventure film directed by Antoine Fuqua.
- “Punisher: War Zone” (2008): In this action-packed Marvel Comics adaptation, Stevenson played the role of Frank Castle/The Punisher. His intense portrayal of the vigilante garnered critical acclaim.
- “Thor” (2011): Stevenson joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Volstagg, one of the Warriors Three, in this superhero film directed by Kenneth Branagh.
- “The Three Musketeers” (2011): Stevenson showcased his swashbuckling skills in this adaptation of Alexandre Dumas’ classic novel, playing the role of Porthos.
- “Divergent” (2014): Stevenson joined the cast of this dystopian science fiction film based on Veronica Roth’s novel, portraying the character of Marcus Eaton.
- “Green Room” (2015): In this critically acclaimed thriller directed by Jeremy Saulnier, Stevenson appeared as Darcy Banker, a menacing and ruthless antagonist.
- “The Transporter Refueled” (2015): Stevenson took on the role of Frank Martin Sr., the father of the famous transporter, in this action-packed installment of the “Transporter” franchise.
- “RRR” (2022): Stevenson starred as Governor Scott Buxton in this Indian Telugu-language epic action drama film directed by S. S. Rajamouli. The film revolves around fictional versions of Indian revolutionaries and their fight against the British Raj.
RELATED: Lili Reinhart’s Bio, Age, Net Worth, Height, Weight, Family, Education, Relationships, Wiki & More