Ana de Armas revealed why she accepted to play the role of Marilyn Monroe in Netflix’s ‘Blonde‘. She said that the role could not be dropped because it was an opportunity she had waited her entire life for. The film, which is rated NC-17, is now available on Netflix.
Ana de Armas Can’t Drop The Role Of Marilyn Monroe
In an Interview, de Armas said, “It wasn’t an easy yes, but at the same time, it was like, “I cannot let this go. This is my chance. This is the part that you wait for your entire life. And it’s here.” She added, “It was against all odds that a Cuban actress was ever going to play Marilyn Monroe. I was like, “I really have to do this for myself. It’ll be what it’ll be — maybe I’ll never work again. But I have to do it. Because what are the chances this is going to ever happen again?”
Speaking to WWD, Ana de Armas talked about her SAG nomination. She said, “All nominations are special, but this one [the SAG awards] in particular is extra special because it’s from my fellow actors, people who I admire, look up to, learn from, I’m in awe of, and dream about working with,” said Armas of her nod from the guild for best leading actress. “To be recognized in this way means the world to me.”
About Ana de Armas:
Ana de Armas was born on April 30, 1988, in Santa Cruz del Norte, Cuba. She began her acting career in Spanish-language films and TV shows. Her breakthrough role came in the Spanish film “Una rosa de Francia.”
Ana de Armas Notable Movies:
- Blade Runner 2049 (2017) – In this science-fiction sequel, Ana de Armas plays Joi, a holographic AI companion to Ryan Gosling’s character.
- War Dogs (2016) – Ana de Armas plays Iz, the wife of a war profiteer portrayed by Miles Teller.
- Hands of Stone (2016) – Ana de Armas plays Felicidad Iglesias, the wife of the famous boxer Roberto Durán portrayed by Edgar Ramírez.
- Knives Out (2019) – Ana de Armas plays Marta Cabrera, the caretaker of the wealthy Harlan Thrombey played by Christopher Plummer, in this comedic murder-mystery film.
- No Time to Die (2021) – Ana de Armas plays Paloma, a CIA agent who assists James Bond played by Daniel Craig in his mission.
- The Gray Man (2022) – In the film, Ana de Armas plays the role of Dani Miranda, a good-willed CIA agent who begins chasing Six to clear her name but ends up helping him after finding out the truth about the corruption.