Jenna Ortega attends the Met Gala 2023 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City on May 1, 2023 (Monday). Ortega was spotted in a custom Thom Browne design for the Met Gala. See the images below.
Ortega’s custom Thom Browne contains a cropped jacket and reconstructed coat draped skirt in chiffon tweed with lacing detail and black crystals over an embroidered pannier and corset dress with gold chains.
Other guests in Thom Browne’s designs for the Met Gala 2023 include Alexander Skarsgård, Teyana Taylor, Pusha T, Janelle Monae, Daniel Ricciardo, Olivia Rodrigo, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, and Sora Choi.
In an interview with Vogue, Ortega stated that she has always been interested in and respected goth culture. She also reveals that she has a darker sense of humor but has been hesitant to express it until now. Jenna Ortega explains that she is now comfortable embracing these qualities in herself, which is reflected in the outfit she wore to the Met Gala event.
She said, “I’ve always respected goth culture.” Ortega added,” I’ve always had a darker sense of humour, but I never felt like I was able to express that. Now I feel like I can embrace those qualities in myself.” On Monday night, she embraced the dark side with majestic – and Met Gala-ready – results.
- Kylie Jenner Spotted at the Red Carpet of Met Gala 2023
- Sydney Sweeney Attends The Met Gala 2023
- Jenna Ortega Wore A Gothic Bridal From Versace SS23 For The Premiere of Netflix’s Wednesday Series
- Jenna Ortega Photographed by Greg Williams at the 80th Annual Golden Globe Awards
- Netflix’s Wednesday Season 2 Writers Room Are Opened